MTN Nigeria – The leader in telecommunications in Nigeria, and a part of a diverse community in Africa and the Middle East, our brand is instantly recognisable. It is through our compelling brand that we are able to attract the right talents who we carefully nurture by continuously improving our employment offerings even beyond reward and recognition.
We are recruiting to fill the vacant position below:
Job Title: Officer, Procurement Support
Employment status: Permanent
- Officer, Procurement Support is part of the Sourcing department at the Opco and would support the Sourcing process. This process covers activities related to development and management of Sourcing Standards, end to end vendor evaluation & selection (from RFI to RFP) and management of procurement agreements. These processes would involve interactions with SCM Centers of Excellence (CoE).
- Officer, Procurement Support would support the Manager, Sourcing and would be involved in the following sub-functions:
- Supplier registration and qualification
- Sourcing master data maintenance
- Category needs and spend analysis
- eSourcing Event End to End Management
- Resolution Creation and approval follow up
- Create/ maintain pre-qualification questionnaires/ Request for Information (RFI) / surveys / Request for Proposal (RFP) / Request for Quotation (RFQ)/ auctions
- Ensure execution of day to day operations at the Opco and resolve operational issues
- Improve productivity and quality through leading practice initiatives
- Participate and provide inputs in project status meetings
- Propose operational changes and provide associated user impact assessment
- Participate and provide inputs in operational meetings
- Set up and manage adhoc meetings for day to day operational requirements
- Liaise with supplier to obtain / update relevant information for supplier registration / qualification and management
- Act as a first point of contact with supplier for sourcing and supplier management related information/ queries Identify potential sensitive issues and escalate it to the appropriate level
- Provide assistance in managing supplier compliance and profile audit and assessing supplier risk
- Gather information from various sources like oracle, internal stakeholders and external stakeholders on supplier performance
- Provide compliance reports to stakeholders
- Normal MTNN working conditions
- May be required to work extended hours
- Open plan office
Requirements, Experience & Training
- First degree in Supply Chain Management or any related discipline
- CSCP (Certified Supply Chain Professional)
- Minimum of 3 years’ experience in an area of specialisation; with experience working with others
- Experience working in a medium organization Training: Any training specific to Supply Chain Management will be an added advantage.
- BEd, B.Sc, BTech or HND.
Application Closing Date
29th June, 2018.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should: