We are recruiting to fill the vacant position below:
Job Title: General Manager, Regional Operations (East)
- To operationalize and implement MTNN’s regional operations strategy within the regional environment and ensure that regional sales targets and service levels are achieved.
- To drive compliance and enhance MTNN’s coporate image and reputation by driving/championing the External Management Stakeholder Strategy.
- Drive an increase in Shareholder return by ensuring that ROM Processes are aligned to achieve all elements on the business score card. (I.e. Grow Market Share, Grow ICT & Data Revenue, Increase EBITDA margins, Assure Revenue, CAPEX Returns Management and Net Subscriber Additions).
- Regularly monitor and review resources of the region ensuring they are allocated and utilized in a cost effective and financially disciplined manner and in line with budget provisions.
- Develop annual regional budgets (OPEX and CAPEX) and provide firm budget management to maintain costs and reduce loss from regional operations.
- Assess resource requirements for the region, guide and influence the long term financial view of the organization provide input into the overall business planning.
- Champion/Sponsor the review of Business Processes (headcount, process optimisation, business optimisation etc), to drive efficiency gains to ensure at least 5% reduction in Divisional budget year-on-year.
- Champion Contract negotiations to reduce cost and drive MTNN Value Creation Philosophy
- Drive effective execution of regional operational and business plans consistent with the vision, mission,core values and strategic plan of MTNN, and coordinate resources to ensure their proper execution.
- Facilitate and champion campaigns to exploit market opportunities that reflect and align with MTN’s innovative brand, leadership and philosophy.
- Provide information to the customer regarding appropriate policies, procedures and operating practices; as well as competitor activities.
- Liaise with marketing division to drive key brand propositions within the regions
- Communicate MTNN value propositions to regional markets via appropriate media
- Drive an increase in MTNN’s Net Promoter Score
- Drive planned strategy for the successful delivery of MTN Group and MTNN transformation initiatives focusing on Customer centricity, including Perfect 10 Project.
- Facilitate the execution of the ROM Governance Structure and escalate variances promptly to the Sales & Distribution Executive.
- Identify and implement innovative, disciplined, and continuously improving business processes and systems in the region.
- Evaluate need and recommend opportunities for business development and expansion in the region.
- Develop weekly/monthly reports to track metrics/measures and monitor regional performance to ensure achievement of set targets.
- Review and evaluate regional performance on a continuing basis and provide direction for modification of systems and/or implementation of new systems.
- Support, communicate, reinforce, and defend the vision, mission, values, philosophy and culture of the organisation.
- Establish processes/standards and evaluation of systems and technologies with regards to customer experience.
- Anticipate and effectively deal with issues that could enhance the region’s opportunities or adversely impact business results.
- Proactively identify, evaluate, mitigate and report on compliance, regulatory and reputational risks across the region.
- Coordinate liaison between staff in the region and ensure effective information and resource sharing to achieve desired objectives.
- Continuously seek self-professional development to sharpen skills and capabilities in a versatile and evolving digital landscape.
- Develop framework for technical and commercial knowledge transfer and establish same as a key component of the employee performance management system within the Business Development Department.
- Provide leadership and direction in the operations, leading team to deliver on respective business targets and improve overall performance of the region. Identify, evaluate and track the development needs and performance of staff within the department, providing opportunities for staff to build on the company’s investment in their training and improve productivity.
- Review the performance of individual team members and complete appraisals in accordance with the employee performance appraisal procedures and time schedules.
- Coach and train regional team members to ensure the understanding of the objectives and goals of the region. Drive awareness of the set targets/requirements and regularly review their training needs.
- Support organisational employee awareness on Compliance and Stakeholder Management – including providing regular training to employees on compliance & stakeholder management matters and promoting/enhancing a strong telecom-wide compliance & stakeholder management culture etc.
- Promote a sustainable organizational culture that enhances employee productivity and oversee the management of the year on year performance of all dimensions of the Group Culture Audit.
- Implement Government Relations Strategy for the region in alignment with MTN Nigeria’s business direction to guarantee license to operate and business sustainability.
- Establish and maintain effective corporate relationship with key stakeholders and decision makers in the executive and legislative arms of government to effectively channel the goals and desires of MTNN. Furthermore, maintain positive relationships with local, state and federal government representatives, community leaders, and other external stakeholders as necessary in the overall management of the region to ensure harmonious relations are maintained.
- Develop and maintain a strong ethical relationships with internal units and relevant third parties (e.g. strategic investors, technical and finance partners, business consultants etc.) to ensure the long term viability of the business.
- Participate in relevant stakeholder forums aimed at developing/reviewing policies/statutory laws – ensure MTN’s views are appropriately represented.
- Deliver business value through partnership with MTNN’s Ecosystem Partners and customers to enhance MTN’s Corporate Brand.
- Develop strategies and champion customer centric culture across the organization and develop/reform relationships with MTNN’s internal and external customers to transform the MTNN’s revenue – Build and maintain relationships with customer groups.
- People Management Responsibilities: o Recruit and hire staff in the region (as authorised by the Chief Operating Officer) and in collaboration with the functional head. o Drive employee engagement across the region. o Role model the 4 Vital Behaviours and COS. o Provide career development for direct reports (counselling, coaching, identify KPA’s, career planning, goal setting, knowledge transfer, mentoring, etc.).
- Determine training needs and identify training courses for individuals and teams.
- Normal MTNN working conditions
Experience & Training
- First degree in related discipline / Masters advantageous
- Fluent in English and language of country preferable
- Possession of a post graduate degree in a relevant discipline will be an added advantage.
- Minimum 12 years working experience which includes:
- Senior management track record of 3 years or more
- 3 years’ experience in relevant industry/sector (FMCG/ Telecommunications/ Retail Banking/ service industry context)
- Experience working in a global/multinational enterprise (understanding emerging markets advantageous)
- Worked across diverse cultures and geographies
- BA, B.Ed, B.Eng, B.Sc, B.Tech, HND or LLB
Application Closing Date
25th July, 2018.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online