MainOne’s success is built on having talented and highly proficient people within their respective fields as the driving force behind our business
A job in MainOne is different from any other you have had. With joining MainOne you’ll be challenged, inspired and proud as you become a part of something big.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: GNOC Service Desk Engineer
Reporting Line: GNOC Desk Supervisor
Job Type: Permanent
- The GNOC Service Desk Engineer will be responsible for the first line contact and response to customers (internal and external) on all technical issues and queries reported, using the trouble ticketing systems in logging all reported service and non-service affecting queries.
- This function would provide 24 x 7 Service Desk services.
Other Responsibilities include:
- First point of contact for customers.
- Answer all network support related telephone calls and interface with internal/external customers on operational issues and related network events, using Main One’s standard operating procedures.
- Deliver high level of customer service in line with SLA’s.
- Liaise with Service (IP and TX) Engineers to ensure proper reporting of all faults/alarms are reported timely to the Service Desk Engineer.
- Open a trouble ticket (TT) for every network event and ensure it is tracked up to the point of closure.
- Proactively update the customer via mail and phone call.
- Maintain and ensure full compliance with all Main One’s NOC processes and procedures.
- Ensure customers are duly informed of all planned/emergency network maintenance activities.
Qualifications, Skills & Competencies
- HND/B.Sc Information Technology /Computer Science /Electrical & Electronics Engineering
Demand on the Job:
- Experience of working in a customer facing department in the Telecoms Industry interacting with customers.
- Excellent communications skills both written and verbal.
- Ability to work on shift basis under pressure and ability to deal with stress.
- Ability to understand customer mood and effectively adapt a strategy to calm an irritated customer.
- Ability to pay attention to details.
- Ability to present technical data, ideas and concepts to a non-technical audience effectively.
- Good probing and fact finding skills.
- Conversant with Microsoft office packages and other computer applications like trouble ticketing
- ITIL – Foundation certification will be added advantage.
Application Closing Date
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online