Who We Are Looking For
Purchasers have a number of individual responsibilities they perform on behalf of the function which are detailed in the section on areas of direct responsibility and Key Tasks. As a group they are also responsible for the following collective activities:-
- Supporting Functional leadership and other colleagues in the acquisition of goods and services and the supporting strategies and plans that make the acquisition efficient and effective for our businesses.
- Developing and supporting the implementation of the SCM policy and practice framework including standards, guidelines, processes and procedures that enable the efficient sourcing and delivery of materials, equipment and services.
- Monitor and control the SAP business processes and the standards that cover the entire purchase to pay (P2P) cycle.
- Deliver the assigned objectives from the SCM annual business plan
- Support the leadership of the corporate SCM team in the development of a professional and high performing function.
- Support the applicable General Manager (GM) and SCM leadership of KCADEUTAG and implement the strategy, planning and management for the acquisition of goods and services to support the regional operations of KCAD.
- The function holder is responsible for supporting the implementation of the standards and processes that enable the transport, storage and distribution of materials, equipment in the optimum balance of time, quality and price.
- Key Tasks:
- Make a significant contribution to the SCM annual business plan or Regional C&P plan, targeting improvements in service to operations, overall cost reduction, optimum quality and risk management.
- Establish and maintain robust contract management and claim procedures appropriate to local SCM requirements.
- Execute the programme for strategic sourcing initiatives (SSI), adapting those strategies to suit regional market and supplier conditions.
- Participate in the supplier performance management (SPM) programme, adapting those strategies to suit regional market and supplier conditions
- Liaise with SCM main focal point for all E&M projects, both refurbishment and “new builds” to ensure consistent SCM planning
- Promote effective communication with operations (GM/CM) and regional E&M leadership to promote SCM standards and procedures to ensure good C&P practice is cascaded down to rig management level.
- Promote effective communication with corporate/regional finance to ensure reporting is aligned and agreed protocols exist for all activities.
- Establish, communicate and implement standard processes for procurement planning, QA requirements, tender management, PTN and contract award and standard processes for invoice payment.
- Support the SCM Business Process Owner for SAP. Co-ordinate improvements to the processes and resolution of identified issues where these relate specifically to the function.
- Maintain awareness of SCM best practice and supply management techniques and act as the functional expert in these matters
- Regularly review the capabilities of KCADEUTAG functional SCM personnel, establish training and coaching programmes as required. Support the Operations function in the recruitment and appointment of contracts & Procurement personnel with functional expertise.
- As part of the SCM team, contribute to the overall direction of the SCM function, promoting good communication and service to the KCADEUTAG operations teams
- Deliver allocated C&P targets from the SCM annual business plan
- Assist the leadership where possible, to deliver their the allocated SCM targets in the SCM annual business plan
- Assist to deliver improvements in the monthly KPI’s
- Make a significant contribution to the creation of SCM procedures and guidelines and their ongoing revision to reflect changes in business practice.
- Meet the required KCAD policies including requirements for ISO9001.
Key Skills & Experience
- Proven experience (minimum 4-6 years) in a SCM role with an Oilfield Operator, Drilling Contractor or Engineering Services Company
- Must have some experience of contributing to regional long-term strategies and the delivery of the accompanying plans.
- Must be competent with SCM methodologies.
- Strong focus on SCM experience with the ability to interface with other functions at various levels in achieving operational objectives.
- Bachelors Degree – preferably from an SCM background – OR – experience within an equivalent SCM role
- Good knowledge of SCM policy, practice, procedure & principles.
- Experience of supporting geographically diverse operations across multiple time zones.
- Ability to author work instructions
- Good communication and presentation skills
- Good knowledge of Supply Management related systems such as SAP.
- Good knowledge of industry operating standards as they apply to SCM
What We Offer
- Competitive Pay & Benefits package
- Structured Training, Development & Career Progression
- Global Opportunities
About KCA Deutag:
KCA Deutag is currently the drilling contractor on approximately 40 offshore platforms worldwide. The company also owns and operates a fleet of approximately 60 land drilling rigs. Our six Core Values define ‘the KCA Deutag Way’ and are underpinned by our Policies, Standards and Procedures. They help guide our business approach and culture and our people in working safely, effectively and ethically across our operations.