Senior Planning Engineer
Who We Are Looking For
We are currently looking for a Senior Planning Engineer on a Permanent basis located in Baku, Azerbaijan. The Senior Planning Engineer is responsible for the provision of a proactive planning management service for specific projects within RDS.
- Ensure quality planning reports are produced for specific RDS contracts for both internal & external Clients.
- Representation on behalf of Project Services Group at all contract & project review meetings.
- Ensure smooth running of project planning function, dealing with ad-hoc issues, escalating to RDS management where necessary.
- Utilisation of RDS Work Management System as the prime project planning software.
- Ensure all Planning is conducted according to RDS Planning Procedures.
- Check project estimates from a man hour perspective to ensure accuracy & completeness.
- Manage workload of Project Planning Engineers, where necessary.
- Assist with coaching & training of less experienced personnel within RDS planning team.
- Measure & report performance of project planning functions on a monthly basis.
- Attend all meetings as directed by project management.
- Produce annual appraisals & reviews for appropriate RDS planning team members.
- Develop & manage continuous improvement plan.
- Interface with other functions to assist planning management process.
- Maintain & engender good Client relationships at all times.
- Provide auditable back-up in a consistent manner for all planning activities.
- Maintain project planning filing system in accordance with the RDS project corporate numbering system, where appropriate.
- Participate in project specific planning audits as required by management.
- Validate subcontractor & 3rd party supplied planning data.
- Travel as required, to client or subcontractor offices & worksites.
- Manage project planning risk sessions within the PertMaster Risk Analysis software
Key Skills & Experience:
- Provide a high degree of knowledge in the principals of planning tools.
- Provide experience & expertise in applicable Planning Software & MS Office application suite as utilised by RDS planning.
- Be experienced in Risk Management
- Hold high quality written and verbal communication skills.
What We Offer:
- Competitive Pay & Benefits package
- Structured Training, Development & Career Progression
- Global Opportunities
Base Rotational 4*4 rotation
About KCA Deutag:
KCA Deutag is currently the drilling contractor on approximately 40 offshore platforms worldwide. The company also owns and operates a fleet of approximately 60 land drilling rigs. Our six Core Values define ‘the KCA Deutag Way’ and are underpinned by our Policies, Standards and Procedures. They help guide our business approach and culture and our people in working safely, effectively and ethically across our operations.