The International Rescue Committee (IRC) responds to the world’s worst humanitarian crises and helps people to survive and rebuild their lives. Founded in 1933 at the request of Albert Einstein, the IRC offers lifesaving care and life-changing assistance to people affected by war or disaster. At work today in over 40 countries and 22 U.S. cities, we restore safety, dignity and hope to millions who are uprooted and struggling to endure. The IRC leads the way from harm to home.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Child Protection Officer
Location: Mubi, Adamawa
Scope of Work
- S/he will need to ensure response to immediate child protection issues with simultaneous consideration of longer term needs and possible scenarios.
- Depending on the situation the specialist may need to take a very active role in technical coordination, support and advocacy with the country specific child protection sector and other stakeholders and technical agencies relevant to the sector.
- This position is responsible for ensuring proper and quality implementation of the Case management and other components of the Child protection
- S/he will need to coordinate with staff, and other relevant technical sectors to ensure a rapid, proportionate and effective response.
- Responsible for technical supervision and training of all learning facilitators working with the UASC on child protection issues.
- Work closely with learning facilitators and Make referrals of the registered children in need of care and protection
- Ensure that children are followed up and receiving proper case management.
- Ensure that cases are prepared for case discussions/ case management meetings
- In collaboration with the CP manager conduct trainings for the ministry staff and other stakeholders.
- Ensure that all activities under his/her supervision are conducted so as to comply with the obligations of the IRC beneficiaries, staff and other stakeholders under his/her jurisdiction, in accordance system of quality supervision, including the CPiE minimum standard and SPHERE standards
- Ensure vulnerability of the identified and registered children are responded to involvement of the community where appropriate ensuring the best interest of the child.
- Establish/maintain a regular system of project evaluation and progress monitoring, using both qualitative and quantitative indicators, data collection, feeding into program adjustments and regular reporting as well as advocacy and new programme development
- Undertake any other roles as may be assigned by the Representation:
- Coordinate with the CP sub sector (Coordination at the field level) in order to assure that adequate and children centered solutions are taken in consideration in the strategic planning of activities
- Ensure the cases that are identified and registered are captured correctly and shared with the M&E officer.
- Demonstrated understanding of working with children and particularly vulnerable children
- Personal qualities: Team player, flexible, network-builder, able to handle pressure well and work in cross-cultural setting.
- Fluency in English and/or (other languages) preferred or required
- Technical Diploma or Degree in Social Work, Human Rights, or related Degree preferred
- Minimum of 1 year experience of implementing child protection programs, preferable social work or case management, in humanitarian or development settings
- Security level orange. The situation in Mubi, Adamawa remains unpredictable; there is active conflict in many parts of the country and a possibility for further expansion of the conflict and violence into other areas and other states.
- Competitive Monthly salary,
- 13th Month Salary Inclusive,
- Health Insurance Coverage for Family, Pension, Creche Facilities available for Women with babies under 24 Months. Application Closing Date
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should submit their CV’s and Cover Letters addressed to the “Human Resources Coordinator, International Rescue Committee” via: [email protected]Subject of the application should read: “Child Protection Officer, Mubi”.
Application Deadline 10th August, 2018.
- Only shortlisted candidates will be communicated for Interview.
- IRC is an Equal Opportunity Employer, IRC considers all applicants on the basis of merit without regard to race, sex, color, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status or disability.