Project Manager- Benin
External Job Description
Reports To: Site Operations Director-Benin
Context of the role
Nigeria is currently the world’s third largest market for the Guinness Brand and plans to become the largest in the next five years. Projects are managed by HQ Engineering team while offshore aspects of major projects are principally managed by Diageo Business Engineering.
Purpose of the role
To develop and implement the Capex programme delivering capacity, cost, quality improvements ahead of forecast demand, ensuring that GN standards are maintained.
- Deliver projects within budgets
- Deliver and co create the Benin productivity agenda
- The Project Engineering Team also develops Engineers for placement in operational roles.
- Support the Corporate Project Manager in the definition of a 5-year rolling Capex programme that supports the Strategic plan.
- Develop Capex Approval Requests in conjunction with the users that fully define scope, budget, programme and a financial appraisal for led projects.
- Implement approved projects and progress through to completion on time, in budget and that the stated objectives and GN Engineering/ Risk Management Standards are achieved.
- Hand over completed projects to the users
- Accountable to the corporate Project Manager and Site directors for delivery of projects on time on budget with all stated deliverable on trade.
- Develop Benin productivity plans and put in place a governance and reporting structure
- Search and Spin across Diageo to support GN productivity agenda
Qualifications and Experience Required
- HND/University Degree in Engineering, Preferably Mechanical, master ’s degree may be an added advantage.
- Professional Engineer (Member of the Nigerian Society of Engineers and COREN registered).
- Working towards professional Project Management qualification.
- Minimum of 3-5 years’ experience in a brewing or FMCG manufacturing environment in a project management role. Operational experience is desired.
- Track record of delivering multiple projects ranging from Turnkey to self-managed.
- Experienced in Auto card application
Type of Job